Alright - y'all asked for it. A chicken salad series! Okay, maybe it was just my sister who requested this, but still...I'm here for it.
Chicken salad will forever be one of my absolute favorite lunches. It's simple to make, stays fresh for days, and can be enjoyed in so many ways. Whether you like it in a sandwich, on a bed of greens, or with crackers, it's easily a lunch you'll want again and again.
Plus, chicken salad is packed FULL of protein to keep you full, satisfied, and ready for whatever the rest of the day has in store.
Now, onto this buffalo goodness. I'm a biiiig fan of anything spicy, and after basically eating the entire pan of Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip at the Super Bowl, I knew I had to make this flavor next.
You'll simply add some pulled chicken (I love using rotisserie) with your favorite buffalo/hot sauce (this is my go-to recently) with avocado oil mayo, celery, carrots, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
It has just the right amount of crunch, some sneaky veggies, and LOTS of flavor.
I love serving this on Romaine leaves for a little extra crunch and freshness, but you can really enjoy it however you please. Top it off with some crumbled feta or blue cheese for creaminess, and you're in business.
Let me know if you meal prep this one for the week!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked and shredded (you can sub for 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into chunks)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I love this one from Noble Made - Frank's Hot would also be great)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt if desired (usually hot sauce/buffalo sauce has quite a bit of salt, so I didn't find it needed any more)
- Crumbled feta or blue cheese to serve
- Add all of your ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir to coat and combine completely. If your chicken is a bit on the dry side, add a bit more buffalo sauce and mayo. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled feta or blue cheese.
- Enjoy with crackers, on greens, in a sandwich, etc.
- Store extras in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.