Golden Cauliflower SoupDec 06, 2022
There's indeed a lot to celebrate this season, but oftentimes along with festivities come foods and drinks that might not make us feel our best. I firmly believe true wellness comes from a balance of it all, but I also want to be a resource to help y'all help yourselves in simple, wholesome ways.
I personally have been feeling a little *overdone* after travels, big holiday meals and more cocktails than usual. I know my body is in need of some more anti-inflammatory love when my skin's breaking out, I'm feeling more stressed than usual, puffy, etc.
That being said, I'm making it my goal this month to implement additional, small ways to nourish my body from the inside out. If you're in the same boat, I highly recommend checking out my 5 Simple Ways to Embrace an Anti-Inflammatory Diet blog post to get started!
And for a tangible way to begin putting those tips into action, you gotta try this Golden Cauliflower Soup. It's not only packed with anti-inflammatory, gut-loving ingredients but it's also super cozy and satisfying.
You'll cook down the cauliflower with onion, garlic, ginger and other warming spices like cumin and paprika. Cashews add additional creaminess that I love in soups as well.
For some extra crunch, don't overlook the Crunchy Chickpeas! These are my favorite thing to whip up for soup, salads or just to munch on on their own.
I know this recipe will help y'all get back to feeling amazing - let me know if you give it a try!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cup into florets
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups bone broth (can sub chicken or veggie broth)
- chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or green onion to serve
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
For the Crispy Chickpeas
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Dry chickpeas completely.
- Place chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until golden and crispy.
- While warm, toss in paprika and cumin.
For the soup
1. Add olive oil, cauliflower, onion, cashews and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large soup pot or dutch oven. Cook down for ~10 minutes, until veggies are softened.
2. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika and additional salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour in bone broth and lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In batches, add soup to a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of the Crispy Chickpeas and herbs of choice. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.