Spring is here, so y'all know what that means - carrot cake! Considering it's one of my all-time favorite desserts, this recipe is a long time coming.
My Carrot Cake Energy Balls are always on deck this time of year, but having something to serve to guests for Easter, at spring picnics, etc. is exactly what these bars are for.
Of course I'm all about a treat that incorporates some extra nutrition, and these have it going on. We're covered in the veggie department with carrots, of course, but don't underestimate the other ingredients as well.
These bars are made from super simple, nourishing ingredients like almond flour, raisins, walnuts, coconut flakes, and more. Many of these you might already have in your pantry!
Plus, all of the above add tons of great textures, crunch, and flavor - exactly why I love this dessert.
I won't lie, though, the Cream Cheese Frosting might be the absolute best part. I could truly eat the entire bowl myself, and this is a recipe you'll be making for all of your treats moving forward.
I can't wait to hear what y'all think about this one!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Oil or non-stick baking spray for greasing pan (I used melted coconut oil)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (dairy free optional - I used Kite Hill plain)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick baking spray or cover with oil.
2. Add eggs, maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine completely.
3. Add almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in carrots, raisins, coconut flakes, and walnuts. Mix to combine.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges are beginning to brown.
6. Meanwhile, make Cream Cheese Frosting. Add cream cheese, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla to a bowl. Stir together (use some elbow grease!) until you have a smooth, combined frosting. Chill in the fridge while cake bakes.
7. When cake is finished, remove from the oven, and allow it to cool completely before topping with Cream Cheese Frosting.
8. Cut into 9 squares, and enjoy! Store extras in the fridge.
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.