Healthy Taco PastaDec 14, 2020
Pretty sure the title of this recipe speaks for itself, because does it get any better than tacos and pasta?! Absolutely not.
I’ve been seeing similar versions of this combination on Instagram lately and have been dying to throw together my own spin. And I can conform that these two cuisines do indeed deserve to be paired together, though it might sound odd at first. One bite and you’ll be sold!
For the pasta portion of this recipe, I used Banza’s chickpea pasta, as it’s always my go-to thanks to the added plant-based protein and great taste. I chose their shells, but any shape you have on hand is great.
And when it comes to the taco additions, feel free to include or tweak as you wish! I personally love a little kick, so the green chilis and hot taco seasoning were a must, but it still only has a subtle kick, so anyone can happily enjoy.
As for the taco seasoning, Siete Foods makes a delicious mix (both mild and spicy versions) that you can find at Whole Foods. I love the spices this one includes, plus it’s preservative-free, paleo and Whole 30 approved. But again, always feel free to use whatever brand or variety you prefer or already have in your panty!
But what really makes this recipe the perfect taco alternative is all of the extra veggie additions – bell peppers, onion, corn and black beans to be exact. They provide a great variety of textures and flavors that pair perfectly with the pasta.
Likewise, for added protein, I chose to include ground turkey, but you could also use ground beef (grass fed, preferably) if you prefer. Both make this dish even hardier, more filling and extra flavorful which I love.
Combine all of these simple ingredients with your pasta for a one-pot dish that will feed the whole family and even keeps well for leftovers to heat up throughout the week.
And if you’re still needing some more Taco Tuesday inspiration, also be sure to check out my:
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Shredded Chicken Taco Bowls with Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Mexican Enchilada Casserole
- Green Apple Guacamole
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggie Fajitas
- Shredded Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
- Chili Lime Soup
- Lentil Taco Salad Bowl
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa & Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- Loaded Chicken Quesadilla
I ended up topping off my own bowl of this pasta goodness with fresh cilantro, shredded vegan cheese, salsa, avocado and pickled jalapeños, but feel free to get even crazier with with some sour cream or any other taco essentials you love.
Hope y’all enjoy this flavorful, cozy weeknight meal, and let me know if you end up giving it a try!
- 1 box pasta of choice (I used Banza chickpea pasta), cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 large red bell pepper (or 2 small), diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (4 oz) Hatch green chilis (optional)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I used the spicy mix from Siete Foods)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- salt & pepper
- toppings of choice (cilantro, sliced avocado, shredded cheese, etc.)
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.