Jerk Chicken Breasts with Pineapple SalsaNov 21, 2022
Even though the weather this week is by no means tropical, I'm just returning from a few days in Cabo celebrating my anniversary, so I'm definitely in the mood for all things fresh and flavorful.
Y'all are always asking for prep inspo that's easy, tasty and nourishing, and this Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Salsa is all of the above!
While chicken breasts get a bad rep for being bland and boring, I personally thing the opposite is true. They provide the perfect blank canvas for just about any flavors and spices you love best.
To amp them up in this recipe, I use a pre-made jerk seasoning blend from Whole Foods that is super tasty! If you can't find any at your local grocery, you can always make your own as well. I love this recipe from Tastes Lovely if you need a recommendation.
Cover your chicken with the spice mixture for a super flavorful result that might just change your tune on chicken forever.
What also really takes this recipe to the next level in the flavor department is the pineapple salsa. This is one of my all-time favorite things to make and even have on hand to enjoy as a dip with tortilla chips (you can always do this with any leftovers as well). The combination of the pineapple salsa and the jerk chicken seasoning is next level.
To serve, I personally like having this alongside any sort of rice I have on hand as it provides a good source of satisfying complex carbohydrate.
Save this recipe for your next easy weeknight meal, and let me know what you think!
YIELDS: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 tbsp jerk seasoning blend (I use one from Whole Foods, but you can always make your own as well - I love this recipe from Tastes Lovely)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- cooked rice to serve
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (optional for less spice)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of one large lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Sprinkle with jerk seasoning and rub to cover them completely.
- Heat avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until a golden crust has started to form.
- Move the cast iron pan into the preheated oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, depending on size of your chicken breasts. When finished, allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make the pineapple salsa.
- Add pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix and taste to adjust spices as needed.
- When chicken is finished, slice and serve with pineapple salsa and cooked rice. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.