Loaded Sweet Potato NachosMar 21, 2023
I've been on a personal mission to help YOU convince your loved ones - husbands, boyfriend, significant other, children, you name it - that healthy eating can be both fun and craveable.
Y'all seemed to love my recent Part 1 of Meals My Husband Loves, so here we go with Part 2 - these tasty Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos!
Not only was Sam a huge fan, but I too was hooked on these after the first bite. They're a super tasty twist on a fav favorite meal with all of the toppings you love.
I always have sweet potatoes on hand, as they're truly the most versatile ingredient to use in both sweet and savory recipes. Check these out while you're at it:
- Southwest Chicken, Brown Rice & Veggie Bowls
- Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Salmon & Veggies
- Sweet Potato Sausage Hash
- Sheet Pan Veggies & Chicken Sausage with Harissa Tahini
- Greek Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Chickpeas
Spices are always the name of the game, and in this case, paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper make all of the difference.
Once you have your sweet potatoes cooked through, it's time for the toppings! You can truly use whatever you love best and enjoy on your own nachos.
I personally love the combination of flavors and textures that tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño provide. Plus a bit of spice, of course!
Whip these up for your next family dinner, game night, or appetizer for friends. Let me know how you like them :)
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup black beans or refried beans (I love the Siete Foods brand)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into thin rounds.
If you have time and want the sweet potatoes to get crispier in the oven, soak the sweet potatoes in a bowl of water for at least one hour to remove extra surface starch. Remove from the water and pat them dry.
3. Place sweet potatoes on your baking sheet, and top with avocado oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat completely.
4. Spread sweet potatoes into a thin layer, and bake for 20-25 minutes (until tender and beginning to get golden), flipping half way.
5. Remove from the oven. Push sweet potatoes together, and top with beans and cheese. Return to the oven for another 5-6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
6. Top with onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and sliced avocado. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.