It's about that time of year to whip out the pink and embrace all things pink - what's not to love?! Add these cute homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate hearts to your Valentine's Day plans and you're set.
If that's not enough, check out TONS of inspiration in my Recipe Round Up: Valentine’s Day Sweets & Treats that includes lots of favs including my Healthy Red Velvet Cake Bites, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies, (DF/GF) Strawberries & Cream Energy Balls, Cherry Almond Brownies and so much more.
What I love most about these hearts, though, is how simple the ingredients are. You'll only need a few pantry staples including peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup, salt, chocolate chips, and coconut oil.
I always recommend using a nut butter with the fewest ingredients possible, so in this case, just peanuts (and salt if you prefer) is what I look for.
As for the chocolate chips, I usually use Lily's baking chips, because they're stevia-sweetened and super tasty!
To turn your peanut butter filling into these super cute hearts, you'll simply roll the dough into two small logs, then form into a heart shape.
Dip them in your melted chocolate and allow to set up. These likely won't be perfect - that's the beauty of homemade, right?!
Save to make these for a loved ones this holiday, and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if peanut butter is salted)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Add peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup, and salt (if using) to a mixing bowl. Mix to create a smooth dough. If it's too soft, add more almond flour. If you want a bit more sweetness, add more maple syrup. It should be firm enough to be able to roll and form without falling apart.
2. Shape into hearts by rolling two small pieces of dough into little log shapes. Gently press together to form a heart. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Place the baking sheet in the freezer to allow hearts to set up for at least 20 minutes.
4. Add chocolate and coconut oil to a bowl, and melt in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
5. Dip hearts in the chocolate to cover completely - I used a fork to make this process a bit less messy. Place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet when finished.
6. Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.