Sesame Rice Noodle & Cabbage SaladAug 23, 2022
While I know many of y'all are ready for fall to arrive (and I'm not far behind you), the weather in Austin has other plans. I'm also getting very excited for all things cozy and pumpkin spice, but until the heat breaks, I'll still be enjoying all of the refreshing summer salads.
If you're feeling the same, this Sesame Rice Noodle & Cabbage Salad is for you! It truly takes no time to throw together and the flavors just absolutely hit the spot.
First, Napa cabbage is one of my favorite veggies for slaws and salads thanks to its light and crunchy nature.
Plus, not only is Napa cabbage a great fiber-packed veggie to include in a gut-healthy diet, but it's also a good source of B vitamins, vitamins C and K, iron, copper calcium and more.
Rice noodles are another pantry staple that I've been loving in salads lately. They take just minutes to cook and add great chew, texture and heartiness I know you'll love.
For some extra flavor and freshness, cilantro and green onion can't be beat. I personally think there's nothing these two ingredients can't make better.
Likewise, peanuts and sesame seeds add the right amount of crunch and healthy fats, which we love, right?
Finish it off with a simple but super flavorful sesame ginger dressing made from ingredients I always have stocked in my pantry.
This recipe makes a great easy side dish or I encourage you to serve it with a protein like shrimp, chicken, tofu, etc. for a more satisfying meal.
Let me know if you give this one a try - enjoy y'all!
- 4 oz rice noodles (I used 2 x 2.1 oz packages)
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly chopped
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp liquid aminos (or GF soy sauce)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of salt & black pepper
- Chop the cabbage and add to a large bowl with cilantro, green onion, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions, leaving al dente (the noddles continue to soften in the salad).
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add noodles and dressing to the salad, and toss to coat completely.
- Plate, and top with another sprinkle of peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Serve with grilled shrimp, chicken, tofu, etc. for additional protein if desired. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.