Shrimp Avocado Salad with Passion Fruit DressingSep 05, 2022
One last ode to summer, shall we?
This past March, Sam and I went to the Dominican Republic for our good friends' wedding, and we still dream about this incredible Shrimp Avocado Salad with Passion Fruit Dressing we ordered every day for lunch by the pool.
I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to recreate it, but the fact that it made this much of an impression on us says it all. It's a tropical and super flavorful way to get more greens in!
I LOVE making homemade salad dressings whenever possible, as there are just so few options out there that don't include inflammatory oils, sugar, gluten, etc. For more tasty dressings to whip up yourself, be sure to also try my:
- Fall Quinoa Salad with Sage Vinaigrette
- Kale Greek Salad with Herbed Tahini
- Sheet Pan Veggies & Chicken Sausage with Harissa Tahini
- Crunchy Thai Salad with Ginger Tahini Dressing
- Harvest Buddha Bowl with Lemon Herb Tahini
- Kale Salmon “Caesar” Salad with Crunchy Chickpeas
This passion fruit dressing is a new favorite, though, as it seems much fancier than it really is. If you want to make it super easy, opt for frozen, cubed passion fruit (I used the Pitaya Foods brand found at Whole Foods) to save you the time of having to find and peel the fruit yourself.
Not only is passion fruit the perfect combination of tangy and sweet, it's also a wonderful superfood to include in your normal routine. It's packed full of vitamin C, antioxidants and fiber to keep you feeling like a million bucks.
You'll just thaw and blend the passionfruit with a few simple ingredients like apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper. Blend it up and store the extras in a mason jar in the fridge!
As for the rest of the salad, mixed greens, some slivered almonds and sliced avocado provide the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
For the shrimp, it really doesn't get any easier. I have a tutorial on my Instagram for how I make the simplest roasted shrimp in the oven, so be sure to check it out!
Top the salad with your shrimp, toss in the passion fruit dressing, and enjoy!
This is a great way to feel like you're on vacation, all year long 😊.
- 1 container (5 oz) mixed greens
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup passion fruit (I used the frozen Pitaya Foods brand found at Whole Foods - thawed)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (can sub for white wine vinegar)
- Juice of 1 small lime (or 1/2 larger lime)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oz raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Spices of choice - I used smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Make the shrimp. Place on a baking sheet, cover in oil and spices, and toss to coat completely. Bake at 400 degrees for ~8 minutes, depending on size of shrimp.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until completely combined and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add greens to a large bowl. Top with shrimp, avocado, almonds and passion fruit dressing. Toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.