When I say that mint chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations, I'm not exaggerating. Since I was a kid, I would always opt for this duo over any other ice cream flavor out there.
There's just something about it that always hits the spot, and these No-Bake Mint Chocolate Crunch Bars are no exception!
If you're as big a fan as I am, you'll also LOVE my Mint Chocolate Energy Balls, Skin-Loving Peppermint Mocha or Peppermint Patty No-Churn Ice Cream. And since the holidays really will be here before we know it, why not get a head start with my Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies?!
What I really appreciate about these bars is that they require absolutely no baking and you can whip them up super quickly.
Plus, they're just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth but also nutritious enough to enjoy as an energizing afternoon snack or even breakfast on-the-go. All the more reason to whip up a batch for the coming week!
First, you'll just need to throw together the simple base made from almond flour, cacao powder, dates, coconut oil and a pinch of salt.Cacao powder is one of my personal favorite ingredients to bake with, add to smoothies, oatmeal, you name it. It's essentially chocolate in its purest form made by crushing cacao beans without any additional sugars or preservatives.
Cacao is high in magnesium, iron, calcium and antioxidants to reduce stress and elevate mood. Use cacao powder in place of cocoa in your recipes for the same chocolatey taste but with added benefits.
For a bit of natural sweetness in this recipe, dates do the trick. Not only are they super nutrient-dense, but they also add the perfect texture and chew to these bars.Once you have your crust ready to go, you'll melt together the chocolate, coconut oil and peppermint extract for an easy topping.
A sprinkle of the cacao nibs and flaky salt (always my favorite addition) are all you need before letting the freezer do the work for you.
I've been absolutely loving this recipe lately, and I hope y'all do as well!
YIELDS: 8 servings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Peppermint Topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- cacao nibs & flaky sea salt for topping
- To a mixing bowl, add almond flour, cacao powder, coconut oil and salt. Mix well.
- Use a sharp knife to chop your dates into small bits.
- Add dates to the bowl, and mix to combine.
- Place mixture in a parchment-lined loaf tin. Use your fingers to press into an even base layer.
- Set aside while you make the chocolate peppermint topping.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix peppermint extract into melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Top with cacao nibs and a sprinkle of flaky salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set up before slicing into 8 bars.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.