If there's a flavor combination that screams summer more than lemon blueberry, I'd love to hear it.
Since moving to Florida, I've been inspired to lean into fresh, vibrant, summer-y flavors, and these Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats have all of the above.
I personally love a breakfast that I can prep ahead of time to make things super simple and quick in the morning. Overnight oats are always satisfying and will be your new go-to hack if you haven't already hopped on the bandwagon.
The keys to any good overnight oat recipe, in my opinion, are both chia seeds and Greek yogurt. Might sound weird, but they do wonders in the texture department, making the result super thick and creamy. Likewise, they add more protein, healthy fats, and fiber. What's not to love?
As for flavor, you have to start with the blueberries. I love mashing them up to infuse the oats with all of the goodness (and more tasty texture). When it comes to the lemon, I love using both the juice and zest for a double whammy of zing.
The tanginess is what I love most about this recipe, and if you're a lemon fan, you're sure to feel the same!
You'll just have to mix all of your ingredients together, and let the fridge do the work. Prep these ahead of time for work, school, you name it. Let me know how y'all like these!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (plus more to top)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Optional: honey or maple syrup to taste if you want a bit more sweetness
- Add blueberries to a jar or tupperware. Mash so berries release their juices.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix to combine completely.
- Cover and store in the fridge overnight (or for at least a few hours).
- Top with extra blueberries, Greek yogurt, or whatever you please. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.