While we might not get much actual snow here in Austin (or any), growing up in Kansas City engrained in me a deep appreciation for a white Christmas. I won’t lie, I’m not a fan of cold weather (hence the move to a place where a chilly day is a novelty), but around the holidays I’ll make an exception.
Personally, I’d prefer my snow in the edible form, aka these cute little Snickerdoodle Snowballs! I mean there’s just no way not to love this spin on a classic holiday cookie, and they’re even made with simple, nutritious ingredients that most certainly go on the nice list .
If you’re looking for more holiday recipes the family will love this year, also be sure to check out my:
- Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Energy Balls
- Cranberry Sauce Overnight Oats
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Raw Brownie Bites
- Superfood Hot Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgey Walnut Black Bean Brownies
- Life-Changing Almond Thumbprint Cookies
For these babies to get their signature snickerdoodle flavor, cashews, cashew butter and vanilla protein powder do the trick. If you’re looking for a protein powder without the added junk, check out a few of my favs:
- Nuzest plant-based protein – use code goodnesswithg for 15% off
- Almeda Labs Kasvi superfood protein powder – use code GOODNESSWITHG for 10% off
- Fitppl plant-based vanilla & goji protein powder – use code GOODNESSWITHG for 15% off
Cashews and cashew butter are likewise essential as they have a mild flavor and creamy texture that makes anything better in my opinion. Plus, cashews are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that might aid weight loss, heart health and the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Together, these add the perfect base for the spice that cinnamon brings to these snickerdoodle creations. Cinnamon is personally one of my favorite spices not only because it’s warm and cozy, but it’s also a superfood that’s easy to incorporate into our daily diet in so many ways.
Cinnamon is has notable medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties, as it’s loaded with antioxidants and shown to lower blood sugar, benefit brain health, help fight bacterial and fungal infections and so much more.
You’ll simply need to blend together all of these powerhouse ingredients, roll into balls, and top off with your shredded coconut “snow,” and you have a delicious holiday dessert or festive snack to have on hand this season.
These are truly a sweet treat that you can feel good about without having to compromise that favorite Christmas cookie goodness. I hope you give these babies a try this year!
- 1 cup rolled oats or 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup dates, soaked for 5 minutes to soften
- 1 cup cashews
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup nut or oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- desiccated coconut for rolling
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.