Spinach Avocado Pesto PastaMar 14, 2023
I hate to play favorites with recipes (I guess they're like my children in this stage of life, haha). Yet there's just something about this pasta that keeps me coming back for more.
Y'all are always asking for easy meal inspiration, and simple and nourishing is what I do best. This Spinach Avocado Pesto Pasta truly couldn't be easier to whip up, making it perfect for weeknight meals or when you want to impress guests without slaving in the kitchen all day.
Pesto is one of my very favorite things to use in pasta, on wraps/sandwiches, and even in my Pesto Chicken Salad. It just has the perfect balance of tartness and flavor that takes anything to the next level.
In this recipe, though, up-leveled even more by adding avocado - another one of my very favorite ingredients, of course. Not only does this provide lots of creaminess and healthy richness to this pasta, but it also amps things up in the nutrition department as well.
Avocado makes an appearance in TONS of my recipes, but these are some that really allow it to shine:
- Avocado Chocolate Truffles
- Green Apple Guacamole
- Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie Bars
- Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho
- Shrimp Avocado Salad with Passion Fruit Dressing
- Matcha Green Goddess Smoothie
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa & Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- Spring Veggie & Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Other nutritious additions to this pesto include walnuts, spinach, nutritional yeast and olive oil. All the more reason to love this recipe and how it will make you feel!
Mix it all up with the pasta of your choice, and serve with a protein like chicken, salmon, steak, etc. as well if you desire.
Save this recipe to make this this week, and let me know if you give it a try!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- One big box of basil (about 4 oz) - I use the large box from Whole Foods
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Box of pasta of choice - I used Jovial Foods brown rice spaghetti
- To a high speed blender or food processor, add avocado, spinach, basil, nutritional yeast, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Mix until completely combined and creamy.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta, and stir to coat.
- Serve, and enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.