Apricot Basil Chicken SaladAug 24, 2023
It's no surprise that I'm a big chicken salad lover, as you can clearly see from my Chicken Salad Series on Instagram. While recipes like my Curry Chicken Salad, Pesto Chicken Salad, Waldorf Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Salad, etc. are staples in my meal prep routine, it's always fun to get creative with new flavor combination!
I've been inspired by all of the fresh produce available this summer, and combining two of my very favorite things - basil and apricots - was an absolute no brainer.
Dried fruit of any sort really does take most any recipe to the next level with a little burst of sweetness and chew. Apricots specifically are super easy to find and one of my essential pantry staples. If you love them as much as I do, give my Chai Spiced Apricot Oat Bars while you're at it!
For all of my chicken salad recipes, I most often use picked rotisserie chicken since it's super easy (saves the step of having to cook chicken breasts at home) and typically far more flavorful. If you prefer to use chopped chicken breasts instead, though, that is always a wonderful option as well!
To add that creaminess we need in a good chicken salad, you'll add in mayonnaise (I always recommend opting for a brand that uses avocado oil like Primal Kitchen or Chosen Foods), Greek Yogurt (Fage is my favorite brand), and dijon mustard.
Together these are both light and satisfying, plus the yogurt provides a bit more protein which is never a bad thing!
As for other additions alongside the apricots, you'll throw in some chopped celery, basil, and slivered almonds for a great combination of flavor and crunch (always essential).
Serve this up with crackers, on a sandwich, over lettuce, you name it. Save this recipe to make for your next weekly meal prep - you won't be disappointed!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked and shredded (you can sub for 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into chunks)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 generous tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl, and mix to incorporate. Taste, and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Serve with crackers, on a bed of greens, in a sandwich, etc. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.