Healthy Mango Coconut BreadAug 11, 2023
I've been raving about all of the amazing mangos my neighbor has gifted me from her tree this summer, and if there's one way to put then to good use it's in this Mango Coconut Bread.
My neighbor mentioned this was one of her favorite things to whip up each year, and I was immediately intrigued and knew I had to create my own, healthier version.
For a few more mango-inspired recipes I'm loving lately, also be sure to check out my No-Bake Mango Coconut Ice Cream Bars and Mango Coconut Overnight Oats, both of which require no baking and will make any day feel like summertime.
Since ripe mangos are so sweet and delicious, you really don't need much sweetener at all - I just added a touch of honey, but you're welcome add a bit more if desired. Plus, the mango purée adds great texture and moisture to this bread that creates the yummiest result.
As for the base of this bread, I used almond flour to keep it suitable for my gluten-free friends (plus, this is always one of my most-used pantry staples).
I'm all about a little crunch and texture, and adding some coconut flakes and pecans into the batter do the trick. You could also swap for walnuts or another nut you love best! Sprinkle some extra coconut flakes on top for an extra pretty result, and you're in business.
Note - I originally added fresh mango chunks to the batter as well (as you can see in the photos) but found it left the result a bit heavy and soggy, so I've omitted them from the recipe. When I made it again without them, the texture was much better.
Okay, time for you to give it a try! This bread is the perfect, summery breakfast (it's killer alongside a cup of coffee), dessert, or snack your whole family will love :)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mango purée (from blending about 2 ripe mangos)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey (more if desired for more sweetness)
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes, plus more for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tin with parchment paper, and grease with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray of your choice.
2. Add almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl.
3. To another bowl, add mango purée, eggs, vanilla, and honey. Whisk to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry, and stir to incorporate. Gently stir in coconut flakes and nuts.
5. Pour batter into lined baking tin, and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Slice, and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to a week.
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.