One of our neighbors has the most incredible, enormous mango tree in her front yard that I've been admiring ever since we moved to Florida. Summertime is when mango trees bear fruit, so when our neighbor offered to drop some off, I couldn't say yes fast enough.
She was extremely generous with multiple deliveries, and thus, all of my meals will have mango included in some way for the foreseeable future. Thus, I have to get brainstorming!
I have several new, yummy mango recipes up my sleeve to share with you soon, the first being these incredibly delicious Mango Coconut Overnight Oats.
Likewise, don't miss out on the mango-inclusive recipes I already have waiting for you on my site, including:
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa & Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- Homemade Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls
- Jicama Summer Slaw with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Matcha Green Goddess Smoothie
Since y'all know I'm a big overnight oats girl, using mango in them in some way was a no brainer. Plus, coconut is another favorite addition of mine, and these two flavors just happen to be a match made in heaven.
If you likewise love overnight oats or are just need some healthy breakfast meal prep inspiration, be sure to give these summer-y options a try as well:
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Overnight Oats
- PB&J Overnight Oats
For this mango and coconut version, you'll just need a few pantry staples like rolled oats, chia seeds, and vanilla in addition. Since I'm always looking to incorporate protein into my breakfast, Greek yogurt is another key. Plus it adds extra creaminess to make these oats thick and delicious.
Layer your oatmeal mixture with ripe mango chunks, top it all off with some coconut flakes, and you're all set! I hope y'all give these a try this summer :)
Yields 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated (or shredded) coconut
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or non-dairy if preferred)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey if desired (I recommend using super ripe mango for the natural sweetness, but you can include a sweetener if mango is less ripe or you prefer your oats sweeter)
- 1 ripe mango, chopped (yields about a cup)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted optional) for topping
- Add oats, chia seeds, coconut, yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and sweetener (if using) to a mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate completely.
- To two jars, add oat mixture, filling about half way.
- Add a couple of tbsp of chopped mango to each jar.
- Divide and layer the rest of the oat mixture between the two jars.
- Top with the rest of your mango and coconut flakes.
- Cover and store in the fridge overnight (or for at least a few hours). Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.