I mean, who doesn't love a peanut butter and banana moment?! It's a classic combination for a reason, and these overnight oats are the perfect solution to satisfying your craving first thing in the morning.
I've been sharing some recipe ideas for ripe bananas on my Instagram lately, including my No-Bake Trail Mix Bites and Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal - next up is this simple breakfast you can truly whip up in minutes.
Plus, you're not letting that lonesome ripe banana that's hanging out on your countertop go to waste!
I'm a biiiig overnight oats fan, as they're super filling and satisfying, plus there's just so many ways to mix it up in the flavor department.
First you'll mix together the two most important ingredients - your mashed ripe banana and peanut butter. Together they provide the perfect amount of natural sweetness, creaminess, and flavor.
In addition to the rolled oats, I always love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats for more fiber, texture, and heart-healthy omega-3s.
Once you've let them sit up in the fridge overnight, top it all off with whatever you please - I love additional sliced bananas, peanut butter, and a scoop of yogurt.
Make them ahead of time to bring with you to work, school, you name it. Give me a shout if you give this one a try!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 generous tbsp creamy peanut butter, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add banana to a bowl, and mash completely. Add peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Add mixture to a jar or small tupperware.
- Add oats, chia seeds, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Mix until completely incorporated.
- Store overnight in the fridge.
- Top with more sliced bananas, yogurt, additional peanut butter, etc. Enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.