Heart of Palm Citrus SaladAug 01, 2023
I've been on a BIG salad kick lately, much because of the insane summer heat, but also thanks to all of the amazing produce available this time of year! I'm on a mission to avoid turning on the oven, so meals like this Heart of Palm Citrus Salad will be my go-to for the foreseeable future.
If you're in the same boat, I encourage you to check out my Big A*s Salad Series on Instagram. Y'all requested more filling, delicious salad inspiration, and I'm here to serve it to ya. A few to get you started:
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Shrimp Avocado Salad with Passion Fruit Dressing
- Sesame Rice Noodle & Cabbage Salad
- Chopped Chinese Chicken Salad
- Peach & Farro Summer Salad
- Farro, Apple & Arugula Salad
- Strawberry Quinoa Summer Salad
For this citrus-y, summery option, you'll only need a handful of seasonal staples like cucumber, radishes, avocado, red onion, oranges, etc. Together these provide tons of great crunch and texture to make this a salad you'll actually crave.
Plus, this recipe is filled with fiber and phytonutrients to keep your gut healthy and happy!
To make things super easy, I also rely on a few pantry staples like chickpeas and hearts of palm, which I always try to have on-hand for quick, easy meals. While y'all know I love chickpeas thanks to their versatility and all of the amazing the amazing health benefits they provide, you might be a little newer to the hearts of palm party.
The flavor is super similar to an artichoke heart, and they're rich in nutrients like polyphenols and essential minerals such as potassium, copper, phosphorus, and zinc.
Toss all of these ingredients together with my simple vinaigrette, and you have a fresh and flavorful meal you'll want to make again and again. Serve it up with a protein of your choice if desired, or enjoy this as a plant-based meal.
Let me know if you give this one a try!
Yields 4 servings
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 can (14 oz) hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 mandarin oranges (or 2 larger oranges), peeled and segmented
- 1/4 of a red onion, minced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 large English cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1 avocado, diced
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to incorporate completely. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, and toss to coat completely.
- Serve, and enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.