During this busy season, it's all the more important to commit to small, daily habits that set you up for success. Personally, I'm trying to cook at home as much as possible, and prepping some easy, healthy breakfasts is always helpful when time's a bit more limited.
To keep things festive, though, we're embracing some seasonal flavors with these Apple Pie Overnight Oats! Because why not enjoy your favorite treat for both breakfast and dessert?
Overnight oats are always one of my go-tos as they're incredibly simple to throw together and make for the yummiest on-the-go breakfast. Plus, there are just so many ways to amp them up and mix up the flavors seasonally.
If you're looking for more yummy options to try, I have you covered with my:
- Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Overnight Oats
- PB&J Overnight Oats
For the base, I often like to mix rolled oats, chia seeds, and Greek yogurt. This just provides more protein and fiber while also thickening up the mixture (because no one wants sad, runny oats).
And because these are apple pie-inspired, we had to amp things up a bit with some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, of course. Yet what really makes these oats craveable is the sautéed apples you'll use to layer.
They're so each to whip up - just chop an apple, and sauté with a little bit of coconut oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon until soft. They add great texture and flavor to this recipe and might just be your new favorite thing to add on everything, both sweet and savory.
Make these ahead of time to bring with you to work and have on busy days. I can promise you that having a nutritious breakfast to start the day really will set the tone this holiday season!
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts to top
1. Add apple, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until apples are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
2. To a mixing bowl, add oats, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix to combine.
3. Add a couple tbsp (each) of the oat mixture to the bottom of two jars. Layer with sautéed apples, then more oats. Layer until you've used all of both the oat and apple mixtures.
4. Top with chopped walnuts. Place in the fridge overnight, and enjoy!
The latest goods, right in your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.